Shoulder Width MeasurementBook Now
- 0.1 days
- Offshore Survival
Since the 1st April 2015, it has been a requirement for all helicopter passengers travelling offshore in the UK to have their shoulder width measurements completed, recorded and uploaded to Vantage. The purpose of this measurement is to ensure that helicopter passengers are compatible with the nearest underwater escape exit.
The shoulder width measurement consists of the following:
- A specially trained measurer will take measurements with an approved set of callipers will record and upload the results
- The measurements are taken across the upper arm and must be completed against the skin to ensure accurate results
- Results will be classed as Non XBR, XBR or SXBR
- XBR passengers will be seated in an allocated XBR seat, these seats will be identified by a black and white checked headrest
Personnel who require to travel offshore in the UKCS
Kirkhill Commercial Park, Dyce Avenue,
Dyce, Aberdeen, AB21 0LQ.
An in house training provider with your measurement results will be issued
Delegates should bring
- Government Issued Photographic ID eg Driver Licence or Passport