OPITO Control of Work Training for Performing AuthoritiesBook Now
- 1.0 day
- Health & Safety and Management
This course will equip delegates with an understanding and basic skills for the role of performing authority. Covering legal responsibilities, identifying, assessing, controlling hazards and their risk, controlling the work and briefing those allocated the work task and managing the control of through effective communication and handovers. This course is a mix of theoretical and practical sessions, where delegates will be required to demonstrate their knowledge of the course through theoretical assessment.
Following completion of this course, delegates will be:
- Aware of the legal requirements of control of work
- Familiar with the responsibilities of the Performing Authority
- Familiar with the principles of permit to work systems
- Aware of the requirement identify hazards and the need to asses risk using risk assessment
- Familiar with the steps of risk assessment
- Able to plan and prepare for work activities
- Conversant in completing work party briefings and tool box talks (TBT)
- Aware of the need to complete concise handovers to other Performing Authorities
- Aware of the requirement to make the worksite safe
- Familiar with the reasons to suspend permit to work and the steps to follow upon task completion
- ware of the need to discuss and record lessons learned
Personnel who intend to act, or are already acting, as a Performing Authority in the workplace.
There are no prerequisites for this initial training course.
An OPITO approved certificate will be issued upon successful course completion
The Initial Training certificate is valid for two years, Therefore performing authorities that wish to maintain their OPITO Control of Work Training for Performing Authorities certification must successfully complete Refresher Training every two years
Delegates should bring
- £1.00 coin for locker
- Government Issued Photographic ID eg Driver Licence or Passport