OPITO HDA Initial TrainingBook Now
- 2.5 days
- Helideck Operations
The course will train delegates in the correct procedures to be followed when involved in offshore helideck operations and in the relevant regulations. The course is a mix of theoretical and practical sessions, during which delegates will be required to demonstrate their level of knowledge and understanding of the training programme content.
By the end of the course delegates will be:
- Familiar with key parts of relevant helideck operation regulations and guidelines
- Conversant with helideck physical characteristics
- Familiar with helideck equipment and systems
- Aware of typical hazards associated with offshore helideck operations
- Familiar with how dangerous goods are identified, packaged and labelled
- Conversant with typical HDA duties on an NUI
- Capable of assisting the HLO with checking helideck equipment status
- Able to load and unload passenger baggage freight correctly – using correct manual handling techniques
- Familiar with, and able to comply with, helideck protocols and procedures during helicopter operations and helicopter danger areas rules
- Capable of assisting with passenger safe egress and access on the helideck, to and from the helicopter
Personnel who are, or intend to become, part of an offshore helideck team.
- There are no prerequisites for this training programme but delegates will be required to confirm their physical ability to participate on this course
Kirkhill Commercial Park, Dyce Avenue
Dyce, Aberdeen, AB21 0LQ
An OPITO certificate will be issued on successful completion of this course.
This training course has no expiry, but, delegates that are to be appointed as HDAs on offshore facilities must complete their Helideck Emergency Response Team Member (HERTM) Training within two years of gaining their HDA Initial Training Certificate.
Delegates should bring
- £1.00 coin for locker
- Wet Weather Gear & set of dry clothing
- Government Issued Photographic ID eg Driver Licence or Passport
- Spare set of comfortable loose clothing for wearing under Fire PPE
- Washkit & towel
- Safety Glasses or Goggles if prescribed