IOSH Managing SafelyBook Now
- 3.0 days
- Health & Safety and Management
The course will: provide delegates in a management or supervisory role, an increased practical and theoretical awareness to the essentials of managing Health and Safety in the workplace. The course is a mix of interactive theoretical and practical sessions, delivered by an Institution of Occupational Safety and Health (IOSH) accredited Instructor. During which, delegates will be required to demonstrate their competence of the training programme content against the IOSH standard.
By the end of this training programme delegates will have:
- Awareness of the importance of Health and Safety in the workplace and the responsibility they have as managers/supervisors
- The skills to assess and define the risks and the ability to document this on a risk assessment
- The ability to identify control measures to reduce the associated risks
- Knowledge of the Health and Safety legal and management systems
- The ability to identify hazards in the workplace
- Understanding why accidents need and should be investigated
- Knowledge to develop basic performance indicators, safety audits and proactive and reactive measuring
- Awareness to ways that environmental protection can be achieved from a management / supervisory perception
Personnel in a managing or supervisory role, looking to increase their knowledge and understanding of Health and Safety in the workplace.
Kirkhill Commercial Park, Dyce Avenue
Dyce, Aberdeen, AB21 0LQ
On successful completion of the written and practical assessments an IOSH Managing Safely Certificate will be issued.
There is no revalidation period for this training programme.
Delegates should bring
- Government Issued Photographic ID eg Driver Licence or Passport