Oxygen AwarenessBook Now
- 0.5 days
- First Aid
This course will: develop the knowledge of personnel who are qualified in basic first aid to a level where they have the understanding and skills required to deliver oxygen to a casualty. The course is a mix of theoretical and practical sessions, during which delegates will be required to demonstrate their level of knowledge and understanding of the training programme.
Following completion of this course, delegates will be:
- Recap of basic life support skills
- Aware of the causes of hypoxia
- Familiar with the importance of oxygen
- Familiar with the equipment used in the delivery of oxygen to a casualty
- Aware of when and how to use oxygen
- Aware of the reasons to withhold the use of oxygen
- Familiar with the need to review procedures in the event of an incident
- Aware of the records and reporting when administering oxygen
Personnel who may be required to administer oxygen to a casualty.
- Delegates must hold a valid first aid at work certificate.
An in-house training provider certificate will be awarded on successful completion of this course.
There is no revalidation period for this training programme but refresher training is recommended every 2 years.