OPITO Offshore Emergency Response Team Member (OERTM)Book Now
- 5.0 days
- Firefighting & Helideck Operations
The aims and objectives of the Initial Training Programme are to equip the delegate with the necessary knowledge, understanding and skills to perform the role of Emergency Response Team Member effectively.
- Offshore Emergency Response arrangements including the role of the Emergency Response Team Member
- Incident planning and incident monitoring activities
- Operation of fixed fire systems including extinguishing a fire and/or securing an area
- Emergency response team operations when dealing with non-fire incidents.
- Preparing to enter and gaining access to the incident area using best working practices and procedures.
- Locating missing personnel and handling and removing casualties.
- Selecting and using portable firefighting equipment.
- Selecting, operating and flushing foam firefighting equipment.
- Conducting and controlling breathing apparatus operations.
- Minimising damage to property and maintaining communications.
This programme is designed to meet the initial onshore training and assessment requirements for an Offshore Emergency Response Team Member (OERTM) in the oil and gas industry.
- Due to certain aspects of the course being physically demanding and potentially stressful, delegates will be required to confirm their medical fitness & physical ability to participate on this course by completing our centre medical self-screening form prior to course commencement
Kirkhill Commercial Park, Dyce Avenue
Dyce, Aberdeen, AB21 0LQ
OPITO Approved Offshore Emergency Response Team Member certificate will be awarded to the candidate apon successful course completion.
Delegates should bring
- £1.00 coin for locker
- Government Issued Photographic ID eg Driver Licence or Passport
- Safety Glasses or Goggles if prescribed
- Spare set of comfortable loose clothing for wearing under Coveralls