STCW Proficiency in Elementary First AidBook Now
- 0.5 days
STCW Proficiency in Elementary First Aid provides a basic introduction to the immediate actions to be taken when encountering an accident or other medical emergency onboard a ship.
Delegates completing an STCW Proficiency in Elementary First Aid training course will be able to;
- Position a casualty
- Apply resuscitation techniques
- Control bleeding
- Apply appropriate basic shock management techniques
- Apply appropriate measures in the event of burns and scalds
- Rescue and transport a casualty
- Improvise bandages and use an emergency first aid kit
All persons intending to pursue a career at sea.
Delegates completing an STCW Proficiency in Elementary First Aid training course must be at least 16 years of age.
An MCA-approved STCW certificate of proficiency will be issued upon successful completion of an STCW Proficiency in Elementary First Aid training course.
There is no revalidation period for the certificate.
Delegates should bring
- £1.00 coin for locker
- Government Issued Photographic ID eg Driver Licence, Passport or Seaman's Discharge Book