HSE Offshore First AidBook Now
- 4.0 days
- First Aid
This is a 4 day course in which delegates will gain a knowledge and understanding on the role of a first aider in an offshore environment, area assessment and recognition of major and minor illness. Delegates will also be introduced to the use of Automated External Defibrillators, medical gasses and the associated hazards. The course is a mix of theoretical and practical sessions, during which delegates will be required to demonstrate their level of knowledge and understanding of the training programme content. On conclusion of the course delegates will have a practical assessment with oral questions.
On completion of their training, successful candidates should be able to:
- Understand the role of the first-aider, assess the situation and act safely, promptly and effectively in an emergency including communication and delegation.
- Administer cardiopulmonary resuscitation including the use of A.E.D, manual resuscitators, manual suction, oral-pharyngeal airways, oxygen supplies and entonox.
- Administer first aid to a casualty who is: unconscious; bleeding; burned or suffering from shock.
- Recognise the presence of major illness and provide appropriate first aid (including: heart attack, stroke, epilepsy, asthma, diabetes, hypothermia, hyperthermia and poisoning).
- Recognise minor injuries and illnesses and take appropriate action.
- Transport a patient (including difficulties of transport by helicopter, management of a Patient, during flight and stabilisation prior to transportation).
Personnel employed on an offshore installation who are required to undertake the role of a first aider.
- Delegates must be at least 18 years of age.
- Due to certain aspects of the course being physically demanding and potentially stressful
- Delegates will be required to confirm their medical fitness & physical ability to participate on this course by completing our centre medical self-screening form prior to course commencement.
An HSE Offshore First Aid Training certificate will be issued on successful completion of the course
The HSE Offshore First Aid Training certificate is valid for a 3 year period, prior to expiry delegates must complete a HSE Offshore First Aid Requalification course to remain certified.
Delegates should bring
- Government Issued Photographic ID eg Driver Licence or Passport
- £1.00 coin for locker