SQA First Aid at WorkBook Now
- 3.0 days
- First Aid
This is a 3 day course in which delegates will gain knowledge and understanding on the role of the first aider, area assessment and dealing with major and minor illness. The course is a mix of theoretical and practical sessions, during which delegates will be required to demonstrate their level of knowledge and understanding of the training programme content. On conclusion of the course delegates will have a practical assessment with written questions.
On completion of training, successful candidates should be able to:
- Understand the role of the first aider; act safely, promptly and effectively in an emergency
- Administer first aid to a casualty who is: unconscious (including seizure); choking or requires cardiopulmonary resuscitation
- Administer first aid to a casualty who is: wounded; bleeding or suffering from shock
- Provide appropriate first aid for minor injuries (including small cuts, grazes and bruises, minor burns and scalds, small splinters)
- Administer first aid to a casualty with: injuries to bones, muscles and joints, including suspected spinal injuries; chest injuries; burns and scalds; eye injuries; sudden poisoning and anaphylactic shock
- Recognise the presence of major illness and provide appropriate first aid (including heart attack, stroke, epilepsy, asthma, diabetes)
All persons deemed suitable to undertake the role of a first aider.
- Delegates must be at least 16 years of age.
- Due to certain aspects of the course being physically demanding and potentially stressful
- Delegates will be required to confirm their medical fitness & physical ability to participate on this course by completing our centre medical self-screening form prior to course commencement
- Delegates must be able to understand and communicate clearly in English.
A SQA First Aid at Work Training certificate will be issued on successful completion of the course.
The SQA First Aid at Work Certificate is valid for a 3 year period however HSE strongly recommends that first aiders undertake annual refresher training within any certification period of First Aid at Work to maintain skills.
To retain certificate validity a SQA First Aid at Work requalification course must be undertaken prior to certificate expiry.
Delegates should bring
- Government Issued Photographic ID eg Driver Licence or Passport
- £1.00 coin for locker