STCW Proficiency in Personal Survival TechniquesBook Now
- 1.0 day
STCW Proficiency in Personal Survival Techniques provides personnel intending to go to sea with the survival procedures to be adopted to maximise their chances of survival in the event of a marine emergency.
Delegates completing an STCW Proficiency in Personal Survival Techniques training course will be able to;
- Correctly don a lifejacket
- Correctly don and use an immersion suit
- Safely jump from a height into the water
- Right an inverted life raft while wearing a lifejacket
- Swim while wearing a lifejacket
- Keep afloat without a lifejacket
- Board a survival craft from the water while wearing a lifejacket
- Take initial actions on boarding the life raft to enhance their chances of survival
- Stream a drogue or Sea Anchor
- Operate survival equipment
- Operate location devices including radio equipment
All persons intending to pursue a career at sea.
In order to complete an STCW Proficiency in Personal Survival Techniques training course, delegates must be at least 16 years of age.
An MCA-approved STCW certificate of proficiency will be issued upon successful completion of an STCW Proficiency in Personal Survival Techniques training course.
The certificate must be revalidated every 5 years.
Delegates should bring
- £1.00 coin for locker
- Swimwear & Towel
- Government Issued Photographic ID eg Driver Licence, Passport or Seaman's Discharge Book