STCW Updated Proficiency in Advanced Fire Fighting (Route 2)Book Now
- 1.0 day
STCW Updated Proficiency in Advanced Fire Fighting (Route 2) provides delegates with the skills and knowledge to maintain competency in advanced fire fighting tasks, duties and responsibilities.
Route 2 is for seafarers who have previously been assessed as competent in advanced fire fighting, and are required to demonstrate they have retained the knowledge and skills of an advanced fire fighter that cannot reasonably be practiced onboard a ship.
Delegates completing an STCW Updated Proficiency in Advanced Fire Fighting (Route 2) training course will be able to;
- Explain strategies for control of fires in various parts of a vessel in accordance with recognised procedures
- Explain the effect of water used to fight fires on vessel stability
- Assess firefighting requirements in accordance with recognised procedures, including coordination with shore-based fire fighters
- Describe control of fuel, electrical systems and ventilation effectively during firefighting operations
- Describe firefighting procedures involving dangerous goods
- Describe management and control of injured persons with regard to fire
- Describe operational use and safety considerations of fixed fire extinguishing systems on board
- Explain how to organise a fire party to implement emergency contingency plans promptly
- Describe typical shipboard organisation in relation to firefighting and the required composition of fire teams
- Explain how to train fire parties in realistic on-board scenarios in accordance with recognised procedures
- Describe the inspection and maintenance of fire detection and fire alarm systems
- Describe the inspection and maintenance of fixed fire extinguishing systems
- Describe the inspection and maintenance of portable fire extinguishing equipment
- Describe the inspection of equipment available to fire teams
- Describe the practical requirements for statutory and classification surveys
- Explain how to assess causes of fires
- Describe a typical fire investigation report highlighting key areas to be included
- Compile a factual incident report to comply with statutory requirements
All seafarers seeking updating training certification for advanced firefighting who have not undergone the required updating training onboard ships.
In order to complete an STCW Updated Proficiency in Advanced Fire Fighting (Route 1) training course, delegates must:
- Be at least 16 years of age
- Hold an STCW Proficiency in Advanced Fire Fighting certificate or an accepted equivalent
An MCA-approved STCW certificate of updated proficiency will be issued upon successful completion of an STCW Updated Proficiency in Advanced Fire Fighting (Route 1) training course.
The certificate must be revalidated every 5 years.
Delegates should bring
- Government Issued Photographic ID eg Driver Licence or Passport
- Prescription Goggles and Safety Goggles
- Copy of existing qualification
- £1.00 coin for locker