STCW Updated Proficiency in Personal Survival TechniquesBook Now
- 0.5 days
STCW Updated Proficiency in Personal Survival Techniques ensures seafarers with a valid initial STCW Proficiency in Personal Survival Techniques certificate can revalidate their competency in accordance with Section A-VI/1 of STCW paragraph 3.
Delegates completing an STCW Updated Proficiency in Personal Survival Techniques training course will be able to;
- Correctly don and use an immersion suit
- Correctly don a lifejacket
- Safely jump from a height into the water
- Swim while wearing a lift jacket
- Right an inverted life raft while wearing a life jacket
- Board a survival craft from the water when wearing a lifejacket
- Keep afloat without a life jacket
All seafarers seeking updating training certification for personal survival techniques onboard ships.
Delegates completing an STCW Updated Proficiency in Personal Survival Techniques training course must:
- Hold an STCW Proficiency in Personal Survival Techniques
- Have maintained the required standard of competence by onboard training and experience as listed in the self-declaration form
An MCA-approved STCW certificate of updated proficiency will be issued upon successful completion of an STCW Updated Proficiency in Personal Survival Techniques training course.
The certificate must be revalidated every 5 years.
Delegates should bring
- £1.00 coin for locker
- Government Issued Photographic ID eg Driver Licence, Passport or Seaman's Discharge Book
- Swimwear & Towel