OPITO Command and Control for ERRV Masters and MatesBook Now
- 5.0 days
Command and control relates to the skills and competencies specific to the command and control of an emergency situation in the offshore oil and gas industry.
An OPITO approved Command and Control for ERRV Masters and Mates training course meets the initial training requirements for command and control.
Delegates completing an OPITO approved Command and Control for ERRV Masters and Mates training course will be able to;
- Assess situations
- Deal with stress in self and others
- Delegate authority to act
- Establish and maintain communication
- Manage self and team performance
- Maintain a state of readiness
- Take effective action
Qualified Deck Officers including Masters and Mates.
In order to complete an OPITO approved Command and Control for ERRV Masters and Mates training course, delegates must hold
- An appropriate Deck Officer qualification in accordance with Flag State requirements
- A valid OPITO Initial Training Shipboard Operations certificate or reassessment to an equivalent standard through the OODTP (although newly appointed Masters are exempt from having attended an OPITO Initial Training Shipboard Operations course)
An OPITO certificate will be issued upon successful completion of an OPITO approved Command and Control for ERRV Masters and Mates training course.
The certificate is valid for 3 years and must be revalidated through the OODTP at sea.
Delegates should bring
- Government issued photographic ID e.g. Driver's Licence or Passport