GWO Slinger SignallerBook Now
- 2.0 days
- Wind Energy
To view available dates and book online, click here >>
GWO Slinger Signaller provides awareness of the risks and hazards related to working with slinger signalling in the wind industry.
The course includes conducting slinging techniques and signalling during simple lifting operations. All operations covered are based on a lifting plan covering known hazards.
FREE Wind Industry Guide
Whether you are new to the industry, or you would like to upskill in your current role, our wind industry guide provides useful advice and tips on the steps to take. Download your free guide now >>
Delegates completing GWO Slinger Signaller will be able to;
- Attach and detach a load to and from a crane lifting attachment
- Initiate and direct the safe movement of a crane, including multiple slinger signallers during limited or blind lifts
- Adhere to a slinger signaller’s role and responsibilities during a lift
- Conduct visual pre and post inspection of lifting accessories and load
- Handle lifting accessories
- Ensure safe lift-off and lay down of a load
- Sling various types of load based on weight, centre of gravity, shape and size
- Carry out generic routine lifts in accordance with a lift plan
- Comply with instructions/procedures set up by an employer to manage lifting
- Ensure equipment is properly used, maintained and defects reported
Personnel conducting slinging techniques and signalling during lifting operations in the wind industry.
In order to complete a GWO Slinger Signaller training course, delegates must be WINDA registered before arriving for the first part of the course.
You can register with WINDA for free in just a few minutes. View our step-by-step guide.
Delegates will receive a GWO certificate upon successful completion of a GWO Slinger Signaller training course.
This certificate does not have a revalidation period