GWO Enhanced First Aid (EFA)Book Now
- 3.0 days
- Wind Energy
To view available dates and book online, click here >>
GWO Enhanced First Aid provides the knowledge and skills to administer safe, effective and immediate lifesaving and enhanced first aid measures to save life and give assistance in remote areas.
Delegates will learn to use advanced emergency equipment and medical telecommunication to provide ongoing care to an ill or injured casualty over a period of time while waiting for professional emergency rescue teams to arrive.
FREE Wind Industry Guide
Whether you are new to the industry, or you would like to upskill in your current role, our wind industry guide provides useful advice and tips on the steps to take. Download your free guide now >>
Delegates completing a GWO EFA training course will be able to;
- Understand the importance of carrying out basic and enhanced first aid in a safe and sound manner, in accordance with local legislation and according to European Resuscitation Council (ERC) and American Heart Association (AHA) guidelines
- Administer safe, effective and immediate lifesaving and enhanced first aid measures to save life and give assistance in remote areas using advanced emergency equipment and medical teleconsultation, while having particular regard for personal protection
- Identify and explain normal function, normal signs and symptoms of serious and minor injuries and illness related to the human body
- Demonstrate understanding and correct order of management in an emergency situation in a Wind Turbine Generator (WTG) environment
- Deliver immediate enhanced first aid to stabilise a casualty
- Assess the casualty for injury or acute illness and determine if medical advice and external-to-incident support is required
- Request telemedical consultation and medical/rescue assistance by providing a concise and relevant report of the casualty’s condition while receiving medical advice to stabilise the casualty
- Request immediate medical/rescue assistance providing a concise and relevant report of the casualty’s condition
- Prepare the casualty for transfer to nominated evacuation/rescue point
- Act as a leader in first aid situations
Anyone working within the wind industry or related field.
In order to complete a GWO EFA training course, delegates must be WINDA registered before arriving for the course.
You can register with WINDA for free in just a few minutes. View our step-by-step guide.
Delegates will receive a GWO certificate upon successful completion of a GWO EFA training course.
The certificate must be revalidated every 2 years.