GWO Working at Height RefresherBook Now
- 1.0 day
- Wind Energy
PLEASE NOTE: This course is delivered on behalf of Survivex by our sister company AIS Training. To view available dates and book online, visit the AIS Training website.
GWO Working at Height Refresher provides a balance of the knowledge and skills necessary to maintain the level of competence set out in the GWO Working at Height standard.
FREE Wind Industry Guide
Whether you are new to the industry, or you would like to upskill in your current role, our wind industry guide provides useful advice and tips on the steps to take. Download your free guide now >>
Delegates completing a GWO Working at Height Refresher training course will be able to;
- Understand general health and safety duties of employers to provide training and ensure competence of employees
- Understand personal responsibilities of employees and the self-employed
- Understand relevant legislation (HSW, WAH, MHSW, LOLER, PUWER, PPE 2002, PPE 1992)
- Understand basic reference and application of ACOPs, standards and guidelines (e.g. HSE, BS/EN)
- Understand wind turbine safety rules
- Safely inspect (prior to use), correctly fit, and use PPE for working at height applications
- Work safely at height in a tower or simulated conditions
- Safely carry out a self-rescue in a tower or simulated conditions
- Safely carry out a rescue of a casualty in reach and out of reach conditions
- Safely carry out a range of ladder rescues
Personnel required to renew a GWO Working at Height certificate.
In order to complete a GWO Working at Height Refresher, delegates must hold:
- A GWO Working at Height certificate
The certificate must be revalidated every 2 years.