GWO First AidBook Now
- 1.5 days
- Wind Energy
PLEASE NOTE: This course is delivered on behalf of Survivex by our sister company AIS Training. To view available dates and book online, visit the AIS Training website.
GWO First Aid provides the skills and knowledge to administer safe and effective first aid in the wind turbine industry.
FREE Wind Industry Guide
Whether you are new to the industry, or you would like to upskill in your current role, our wind industry guide provides useful advice and tips on the steps to take. Download your free guide now >>
Delegates completing a GWO First Aid training course will be able to;
- Demonstrate understanding of the importance of carrying out first aid in a safe manner
- Demonstrate first aid in accordance with legislative requirements of their geographic location and according to ERC guidelines
- Demonstrate awareness of AHA guidelines
- Identify and explain normal function, vital signs, signs and symptoms of serious and minor injuries and illness related to the human body
- Demonstrate understanding and correct order of management in an emergency situation in a wind turbine generator environment
- Demonstrate correct use of lifesaving first aid using the primary survey A-B-C
- Demonstrate correct use of an automatic external defibrillator (AED)
- Demonstrate correct use of ordinary first aid, the secondary survey
- Demonstrate correct use of first aid equipment in a first aid scenario
Personnel in the wind industry.
In order to complete a GWO First Aid course, delegates must:
- Be WINDA registered before arriving for the course
The certificate must be revalidated every 2 years.