GWO Fire AwarenessBook Now
- 0.5 days
- Wind Energy
PLEASE NOTE: This course is delivered on behalf of Survivex by our sister company AIS Training. To view available dates and book online, visit the AIS Training website.
GWO Fire Awareness ensures delegates possess necessary knowledge of the hazards they may encounter within the wind industry, and have the skills to control and mitigate these hazards.
Delegates will learn the proper use of personal protective equipment, emergency equipment and procedures which increases safety in the wind industry.
FREE Wind Industry Guide
Whether you are new to the industry, or you would like to upskill in your current role, our wind industry guide provides useful advice and tips on the steps to take. Download your free guide now >>
Delegates completing a GWO Fire Awareness training course will be able to;
- Identify signs of fire
- Follow emergency escape procedures
- Detect smoke
- Recall contingency plans to wind turbines
- Identify causes of fire within a wind turbine environment
- Follow the correct procedures and operation for fire extinguishing with firefighting equipment
Personnel in the wind industry.
In order to complete a GWO Fire Awareness course, delegates must:
- Be WINDA registered before arriving for the course
The certificate must be revalidated every 2 years.