OPITO Banksman & Slinger (Stage 3) Competence AssessmentBook Now
- 1.0 day
- Lifting Operations
The course will: assess candidates on their ability to bank a crane using hand and radio signals, to carry out correct slinging of different types of loads, and to demonstrate the ability to work safely with cranes. The assessment is a mix of theoretical and practical sessions, during which candidates will be required to demonstrate their level of knowledge and understanding.
By the end of this assessment candidates will have demonstrated their:
- Knowledge of the relevant regulations pertaining to lifting operations
- Ability to inspect and assess loads in terms of their weight, centre of gravity and security
- Ability to carry out pre-use inspections on equipment to ensure safe lifting
- Knowledge and ability to correctly inspect containers and half heights, and understand the correct stowage and securing methods
- Ability to prepare and sling loads, and to direct and control the movement and placing of loads
- Knowledge of the safety precautions to be taken whilst working with cranes
All personnel who wish to become Stage 3 OPITO certified competent Banksmen & Slingers, having previously completed banksman & slinger training are or possess sufficient work experience to be elegible for the OPITO Stage 3 assessment.
- Due to certain aspects of the course being physically demanding and potentially stressful, delegates will be required to confirm their medical fitness & physical ability to participate on this course by completing our centre medical self-screening form prior to course commencement
- They must also hold a valid OPITO Approved Banksman & Slinger Training (Stage 1) certificate and a fully completed OPITO Approved Banksman & Slinger (Stage 2) logbook of standard workplace requirements - or a formal letter from the Employer stating that the candidate has met the equivalent of the OPITO Stage 2 logbook criteria as stated in Appendix 1 of the standard The formal letter should be signed, dated and include full contact details including the position in the company of the Employer's Representative
An OPITO Approved Banksman & Slinger (Stage 3) Competence certificate will be issued upon successful course completion.
The course must be revalidated every 2 years.
Delegates should bring
- Government Issued Photographic ID eg Driver Licence or Passport
- £1.00 coin for locker
- Wet Weather Gear & set of dry clothing
- Safety Glasses or Goggles if prescribed