IWCF Drilling Well Control Level 4Book Now
- 5.0 days
- Drilling and Well Control
Please Note: This IWCF Drilling Well Control Level 4 training course is delivered at our training centre. If you would like to book the virtual course, please visit the course page.
Drilling Well Control training has been developed by the International Well Control Forum (IWCF) for personnel in critical well control roles on offshore drilling installations or onshore.
Level 4 IWCF Drilling Well Control training consists of two written assessments and a practical assessment using simulator equipment. The practical assessment is usually conducted in pairs of a supervisor level candidate (level 4) and a driller level candidate (level 3).
View the IWCF syllabus for Drilling Well Control Level 4.
Delegates completing a Level 4 IWCF Drilling Well Control training course will be able to:
- Maintain primary well control
- Deal with an influx or losses
- Understand surface equipment, principles and procedures
- Understand combined surface and subsea equipment, principles and procedures
- Set up for drilling
- Recognise drilling break and positive kick
- Perform a shut-in with the shortest possible time by following appropriate procedure
- Complete a kill sheet and kill a well using designated procedure (wait & weight or driller's method)
- Bring a pump up to kill speed maintaining constant bottom hole pressure
- Operate a remote choke and make adjustments in accordance with the time delay to maintain constant bottom hole pressure
- Complete a well kill operation
A Level 4 IWCF Drilling Well Control training course is aimed at equipment operators who have to perform an action to prevent or respond to a well control accident and supervisors who specify and have oversight that correct actions are carried out.
Level 4 is well site supervisor training.
There are no formal prerequisites for a Level 4 IWCF Drilling Well Control training course.
Delegates can go directly into level 4 at a company's discretion, however IWCF advise delegates to progress from level 2, to level 3, to level 4.
Kirkhill Commercial Park, Dyce Avenue,
Dyce, Aberdeen, AB21 0LQ
An IWCF Drilling Well Control certificate will be issued upon successful completion of this Level 4 IWCF Drilling Well Control training course.
The certificate must be revalidated every 2 years.
Delegates should bring
- Government issued photographic ID e.g. Driver's Licence or Passport
- A calculator