Transportation of Dangerous Goods by SeaBook Now
- 2.0 days
- Dangerous Goods
Transportation of Dangerous Goods by Sea training provides the skills and knowledge required to correctly prepare shipments of dangerous goods for transport by sea.
Delegates will be issued with a copy of the International Maritime Dangerous Goods (IMDG) Code for the Safe Transport of Dangerous Goods for the duration of the course. The codes define the safety training requirements for shippers, staff from shipping departments and any other personnel responsible for the transportation of dangerous goods by sea.
By the end of this training programme the delegate will be aware of:
- Dangerous goods transportation regulations
- The security aspects and emergency procedures related to dangerous goods
- Identifying and classifying dangerous goods
- Handling dangerous goods
- Preparing dangerous goods for transport by sea
Personnel involved in the transportation of dangerous goods by sea.
There are no formal prerequisites for this course.
An exam completion certificate will be issued upon successful completion of this course.
The course must be revalidated every 2 years.
Delegates should bring
- Government issued photographic ID e.g. Driver's Licence or Passport