OPITO Approved Basic H2S TrainingBook Now
- 1.0 day
- Work at Height and Confined Spaces
This OPITO approved ½ day (4 hour) course will enable delegates to acquire the necessary knowledge and skills necessary for them to stay and work in an environment with potential for exposure to H2S gas. Delegates will be required to demonstrate their skills and knowledge through a formal written test in addition to practical assessment.
By the end of this training programme the delegate will be aware of:
- Conditions which can form H2S
- Physical properties and characteristics of H2S
- Occupational/workplace exposure limits relating to H2S
- How H2S is detected and familiar with the use of onsite & personal detection equipment
- Actions to be taken in the event of an alarm
- The types of respiratory equipment available including escape breathing apparatus
- Physiological effects of exposure to H2S
Personnel that are, or could be, working in an environment that could become contaminated by H2S gas.
There are no formal prerequisites for this course.
An OPITO approved certificate will be issued upon successful completion of this course.
This course must be revalidated every 2 years.
Delegates should bring
- Government issued photographic ID e.g. Driver's Licence or Passport