OPITO Digital-Basic Offshore Safety Induction and Emergency Training (D-BOSIET) with CA-EBSBook Now
- 1.0 day
- Offshore Survival
OPITO D-BOSIET training with CA-EBS includes the Basic Offshore Safety Induction and Emergency Training (BOSIET) with Compressed Air Emergency Breathing System (CA-EBS).
The course is delivered as a combination of e-learning and practical training. Delegates will complete the e-learning elements of the course remotely from a smartphone, desktop computer, laptop or tablet prior to the 1-day practical training which is delivered at Survivex's offshore survival pool.
You can also book the direct learning 3-day OPITO Basic Offshore Induction and Emergency Training (BOSIET) with CA-EBS at Survivex which includes the modules covered in the e-learning elements in a face-to-face environment.
By the end of this training programme the delegate will be able to;
- Identify the generic hazards which are specific to offshore oil and gas installations, potential risks associated with those hazards, and how controls are put in place to eliminate or reduce risks
- Identify key offshore related safety regulations and explain the basic safety management concepts
- Demonstrate the use of safety equipment in a simulated environment and follow procedures in preparing for and during helicopter emergencies – with particular focus on escaping from a helicopter following ditching
- Demonstrate sea survival and first aid techniques
- Demonstrate effective use of basic firefighting equipment and practise self-rescue techniques in low visibility situations including smoke filled areas
- Demonstrate the use of Compressed Air - Emergency Breathing System (CA-EBS)
All personnel employed on an offshore installation or seeking employment in the UK sector.
In order to complete the OPITO D-BOSIET training, delegates MUST hold:
- A valid and in-date Oil and Gas UK (OGUK) offshore medical certificate
- A valid and in-date Fit to Train certificate (mandatory from April 2018)
PLEASE NOTE: Upon booking delegates will be registered for the e-learning elements of the course on the OPITO Digital Learning Portal. The e-learning must be successfully completed prior to attending the practical training sessions.
An OPITO-approved certificate will be issued upon successful completion of the course.
The D-BOSIET certificate is valid for a 4 year period, prior to expiry delegates must complete a FOET course to remain certified.
Delegates should bring
- £1.00 coin for locker
- Government Issued Photographic ID eg Driver Licence or Passport
- Swimwear & Towel
- Extra pair of socks