OPITO Helideck Emergency Response Team Leader (HERTL) FurtherBook Now
- 1.5 days
- Firefighting & Helideck Operations
The aim and objectives of the HERTL Further training programme is to refresh elements of HERTL training that cannot be completed in the workplace and updating HERTLs on key changes to helicopter operations, systems, relevant legislation and regulations.
By the end of this course delegates will be able to:
- Understand the general firefighting safety goals and objectives
- Understand the purpose of typical helideck emergency systems and controls
- Effectively direct the Helideck Emergency Response Teams during a helicopter incident
- Effectively assess changes in the emergency that could impact on safety
- Effectively carry out dynamic risk assessments during an emergency incident
- Command and control helideck and helicopter related firefighting operations
- Command and control Helideck Emergency Response Team members during non-fire helideck incidents
- Effectively monitor BA control and the safety of Helideck Emergency Response Team Members
- Effectively prioritise and manage missing persons and casualties during the emergency
- Confidently utilise emergency response back-up teams during an emergency incident
- Effectively communicate with relevant emergency response personnel during an emergency helideck incident
This training is designed for currently-appointed OPITO certified HERTLs that are required to revalidate their OPITO HERTL certification by refreshing and updating their knowledge and skills in aspects of their role that they cannot practice in the workplace.
- A valid OPITO Helideck Emergency Response Team Leader Training Certificate (Initial or Further)
- Delegates must hold a valid OGUK or Operator Approved Medical - due to certain aspects of the course being physically demanding and potentially stressful, delegates will also be required to confirm their medical fitness and physical ability to participate on this course by completing our centre medical self-screening form prior to course commencement
Kirkhill Commercial Park, Dyce Avenue,
Dyce, Aberdeen, AB21 0LQ.
An OPITO approved certificate will be issued upon course completion.
This course must be revalidated every 2 years.
Delegates should bring
- £1.00 coin for locker
- Government issued photographic ID e.g. Driver's Licence or Passport
- Spare set of comfortable, loose clothing for wearing under fire PPE
- Wash kit & towel
- Wet weather gear and set of dry clothing
- Safety glasses or goggles if prescribed