OPITO Helideck Emergency Response Team Member (HERTM) FurtherBook Now
- 1.5 days
- Firefighting & Helideck Operations
The aim of this HERTM Further training programme is to give Helideck Emergency Response Team Members the opportunity to practice and maintain the skills required when dealing with helicopter emergency response situations or incidents as members of an Offshore Helideck Emergency Response Team.
By the end of the course delegates will be able to:
- Respond appropriately to HERTL directions during a helideck emergency
- Conduct helicopter incident firefighting operations
- Carry out effective execution of emergency response tasks
- Conduct effective helicopter / helideck search and rescue techniques
- Correctly use self-contained breathing apparatus
- Effectively respond to non-firefighting operations during a helicopter incident
- Effectively operate fixed and mobile firefighting systems in a safe and correct manner
- Carry out correct casualty handling techniques
- Understand and perform techniques for keeping calm during an emergency response incident
- Understand the importance of asking for assistance if overwhelmed by the emergency situation
- Effectively communicate with the HERTL and other team members during an emergency response incident
This training is designed for currently-appointed OPITO certified HERTMs that are required to revalidate their OPITO HERTM certification by refreshing and updating their knowledge and skills in aspects of their role that they cannot practice in the workplace.
Kirkhill Commercial Park, Dyce Avenue,
Dyce, Aberdeen, AB21 0LQ.
An OPITO approved certificate will be issued upon course completion.
This course must be revalidated every 2 years.
Delegates should bring
- £1.00 coin for locker
- Government issued photographic ID e.g. Driver's Licence or Passport
- Spare set of comfortable, loose clothing for wearing under fire PPE
- Wash kit & towel
- Safety glasses or goggles if prescribed