OPITO Helideck Emergency Response Team Member (HERTM)Book Now
- 4.0 days
- Firefighting & Helideck Operations
The aim of the Helideck Emergency Response Team Member (HERTM) training programme is to equip offshore helideck emergency response personnel with the knowledge, understanding and skills to perform an emergency response team role in offshore helideck and helicopter emergencies.
By the end of the course delegates will be:
- Familiar with the role and responsibilities of the Helideck Emergency Response Team Member
- Capable of identifying different types of potential offshore helideck emergencies
- Familiar with firefighting equipment and systems found on the helideck and their performance requirements
- Capable of responding to non-fire emergencies on helidecks
- Aware of general firefighting and safety goals and objectives during an emergency
- Capable of rescuing casualties from a helicopter when on its side
- Familiar with helicopter construction and potential hazards around the helideck in emergency situations
- Capable of effectively responding to HERTL directions in emergency situations
- Aware of helicopter emergency systems and controls
- Capable of carrying out firefighting techniques and tactics fir helicopter emergencies
- Aware of emergency response limitations on Normally Unmanned Installations
- Aware of human factors that could affect team members in helideck emergencies
- Capable of gaining entry into helicopters safely to carry out search and rescue of passengers
- Capable of carrying out firefighting techniques internally and creating survivable conditions for passengers on board
- Capable of removing casualties using correct casualty handling techniques
The target group for Helideck Emergency Response Team Member training programme is personnel who are to be appointed to the role of the Helideck Emergency Response Team Member (HERTM).
In order to complete an OPITO HERTM training course, delegates must hold a valid and in-date OPITO Helideck Operations Initial Training (HOIT) certificate.
An OPITO approved certificate will be issued upon course
This course must be revalidated every 2 years.
Delegates should bring
- Government issued photographic ID e.g. Driver's Licence or Passport
- Spare set of comfortable, loose clothing for wearing under fire PPE
- Wash kit & towel
- £1.00 coin for locker
- Safety glasses or goggles if prescribed