OPITO Helideck Operations Initial Training (HOIT)Book Now
- 2.5 days
- Firefighting & Helideck Operations
This OPITO approved 2.5 days HOIT course will equip the delegate with the initial knowledge, understanding and skills required to safely and effectively perform the duties of Offshore Helicopter Landing Officer (HLO) and / or Offshore Helideck Assistant (HDA). Throughout this training programme delegates will be required to demonstrate their knowledge of the curriculum through a series of theoretical and practical assessments.
Following completion of this course, delegates will be:
- Aware of the key areas of helideck operations, regulations and guidelines
- Familiar with the helideck's physical characteristics and obstacle-free requirements
- Aware of the helideck equipment and systems
- Able to understand and describe meteorological requirements for offshore helideck operations
- Familiar with the typical hazards associated with offshore helideck operations
- Conversant with the roles and key responsibilities of the Offshore HLO and HDA
Personnel who are to be appointed to the role of an Offshore Helicopter Landing Officer (HLO) and / or Offshore Helideck Assistant (HDA)
In order to complete OPITO HOIT, delegates must hold an IATA, HCA, CAA or state aviation approved dangerous goods awareness certification (the FREE Transportation of Dangerous Goods by Air Awareness e-Learning course is included with this training to fulfil this prerequisite).
Delegates must also hold a valid OGUK medical certificate.
An OPITO approved certificate will be issued upon successful course completion.
There is no revalidation for this course.
Delegates should bring
- £1.00 coin for locker
- Wet weather gear & set of dry clothing
- Government issued photographic ID eg Driver Licence or Passport
- Spare set of comfortable loose clothing for wearing under Fire PPE
- Wash kit & towel
- Safety glasses or goggles if prescribed