OPITO Rigger Competence (Stage 3) Competence AssessmentBook Now
- 2.0 days
- Lifting Operations
The course will: require candidates to complete a series of practical exercises to demonstrate their skills, knowledge and understanding of rigging and lifting operations.
Rigging and Lifting Handbook
The RigEx Rigging and Lifting Handbook is a pocked-sizes book available to provide essential information throughout your training and in your job roles.
The handbook is available to purchase with your training >>
By the end of the assessment the delegate will have demonstrated the ability to:
- Identify potential hazards associated with the lifting operation and implement control measures
- Plan the route for lifting and moving the load to minimise any risk to personnel and surroundings
- Communicate, discuss and ensure understanding of the prepared lifting plan and risk assessment
- Obtain the resources identified in the lifting plan required to move the load, following rigging loft procedures
- Carry out pre-use inspection of lifting equipment and lifting accessories
- Attach the lifting accessories to the load using industry best practice
- Install and position the lifting equipment for balanced weight distribution
The candidate must be able to demonstrate that they know and understand:
- The employer’s responsibilities under Lifting Operations and Lifting Equipment Regulations
- The hazards associated with a lifting operation and the purpose of a risk assessment and lifting plan
- The relevant roles of personnel involved in lifting operations, and typical reporting lines
- Load movement route planning methods and areas near the load where it is unsafe to stand
- Rigging principles, SWL, WLL and angles of lift and considerations to ensure load stability, security and weight distribution
Personnel who wish to become OPITO certified competent riggers - having successfully completed the OPITO Stages 1 & 2 Rigger Training and Workplace Experience, or possess sufficient and relevant work experience to be eligible for the OPITO Stage 3 assessment.
- A valid OPITO-approved Stage 1 Rigger Training Certificate and a fully completed and valid logbook, based on the OPITO Stage 2 Rigger Standard workplace requirements Or
- A formal letter from the candidate’s employer or senior employer representative stating that the candidate has met the equivalent of the OPITO Stage 2 lifting experience logbook criteria. The formal letter should include details of the employer/senior employer representative’s position in the company, full contact details, and be signed and dated by the employer /senior employer representative
- Due to certain aspects of the course being physically demanding and potentially stressful, delegates will be required to confirm their medical fitness & physical ability to participate on this course by completing our centre medical self-screening form prior to course commencement
Kirkhill Commercial Park, Dyce Avenue
Dyce, Aberdeen, AB21 0LQ
An OPITO Approved Rigger Competence (Stage 3) Assessment certificate will be issued upon successful course completion.
The course must be revalidated every 2 years.
Delegates should bring
- Government Issued Photographic ID eg Driver Licence or Passport
- £1.00 coin for locker
- Copy of existing qualification
- Safety Glasses or Goggles if prescribed