RTITB Forklift Truck Operator (Novice)Book Now
- 5.0 days
The course will: train delegates in how to carry out pre-use checks and in the safe and efficient operation of a forklift truck in the workplace. The course is a mix of theoretical and practical sessions, during which delegates will be required to demonstrate their level of knowledge and understanding of the training programme content.
By the end of this training programme delegates will:
- Be aware of the relevant regulations and guidance pertaining to the use of forklift trucks.
- Be aware of the responsibilities of employer and operator.
- Be aware of the hazards involved in forklift truck operation and how to avoid them.
- Be aware of the issues related to forklift stability, load inspection and accident prevention.
- Be able to carry out pre-use inspection of a forklift truck and the working area.
- Be able to operate a forklift truck in open and narrow areas, lift a variety of loads, transport them and deposit them in a safe and efficient manner.
- Be able to carry out checks on the working area, including industrial racking systems.
Novice forklift truck operators
Kirkhill Commercial Park, Dyce Avenue
Dyce, Aberdeen, AB21 0LQ
An RTITB certificate will be issued upon course completion, a photographic ID card is optional
This course must be refreshed every 3 years
Delegates should bring
- If photocard has been requested -2 passport sized photographs
- Government Issued Photographic ID eg Driver Licence or Passport
- £1.00 coin for locker
- Safety Footwear (can be provided)
- Safety Glasses or Goggles if prescribed