OPITO Basic Offshore Safety Induction & Emergency Training (BOSIET) with HUET and EBSBook Now
- 3.0 days
- Offshore Survival
This training course is referred to as 'Offshore Survival'.
During this training programme delegates will gain a basic level of understanding and awareness of the hazards encountered when working on offshore installations, and of the safety regime and safety management systems in place to control and mitigate those hazards. The course is a mix of theoretical and practical sessions, during which delegates will be required to demonstrate their level of knowledge and understanding of the training programme content.
By the end of this training programme the delegate will:
- Have knowledge of the offshore industry incl: Offshore hazards & control measures, offshore safety management, how offshore safety is regulated and living & working in the offshore environment.
- Understand the processes involved in helicopter travel & be competent in their ability to escape from a ditched or ditching helicopter in an emergency situation using the emergency breathing system (EBS).
- Have knowledge of what to do in an evacuation situation: How to respond to alarms, the systems used to achieve successful evacuation and the actions to take in the event of a water entry situation.
- Understand what is meant by emergency first aid and how to assist in a first aid situation prior to arrival of the medic.
- Be competent in the use of portable fire extinguishers for basic firefighting and be confident in self-rescue techniques used to successfully escape from smoke filled environments.
All personnel employed on an offshore installation or seeking employment in the oil and gas industry (excluding the UKCS).
Due to certain aspects of the course being physically demanding and potentially stressful, delegates will be required to confirm their medical fitness & physical ability to participate on this course by completing our centre medical self-screening form prior to course commencement
Kirkhill Commercial Park, Dyce Avenue
Dyce, Aberdeen, AB21 0LQ
An OPITO approved certificate will be issued upon successful course completion
The BOSIET is valid for a 4 year period, prior to expiry delegates must complete a FOET course to remain certified
Delegates should bring
- Government issued photographic ID e.g. Driver's Licence or Passport
- Swimwear and a towel
- Old trainers (which should be clean)
- Extra pair of socks