CAA Offshore Radio Operators Certificate of CompetenceBook Now
- 2.0 days
The course will: teach delegates the correct terminology and phraseology to be used in communications with helicopters on an offshore helideck. The course is one of the prerequisites for an OPITO-approved offshore helicopter landing officer post. The course is a mix of theoretical and practical sessions, during which delegates will be required to demonstrate their level of knowledge and understanding of the training programme content.
By the end of this training programme delegates will:
- Have an in-depth knowledge of the correct radio procedures to be employed in the communication with helicopters offshore.
- Be able to send and relay distress and urgency communications.
- Be aware of the regulations governing radio communications.
- Be conversant with the correct terminology and phraseology used in helicopter communication
All personnel employed on an offshore installation who have responsibility for communication with helicopters, and those wishing to progress to the OPITO-approved helicopter landing officer course.
- Proof of Government Issued ID ( ie Passport or Drivers Licence) .
A CAA radio operators licence will be awarded on successful completion.
There is no revalidation requirement for this training programme.
Delegates should bring
- Government Issued Photographic ID eg Driver Licence or Passport
- £1.00 coin for locker