Automated External Defibrillator (AED) (Stand Alone Course)Book Now
- 0.5 days
- First Aid
This is a 1/2 day course in which delegates will learn basic life support skills and the use of an Automated External Defibrillator. The course is a mix of theoretical and practical sessions, during which delegates will be required to demonstrate their level of knowledge and understanding of the training programme content.
On completion of training, successful candidates will be updated on:
- Assessing the situation in an emergency
- Administering first aid to a casualty who is unconscious
- Administering cardiopulmonary resuscitation
- Chain of Survival
- Safety precautions when using an A.E.D
- Correct use of an A.E.D
- Maintenance of an A.E.D
- Record keeping
All employees who may have access to an Automated External Defibrillator within the workplace.
- Delegates must be at least 16 years of age.
- Due to certain aspects of the course being physically demanding and potentially stressful, delegates will be required to confirm their medical fitness & physical ability to participate on this course by completing our centre medical self-screening form prior to course commencement.
A Survivex A.E.D. Operator training certificate will be issued on successful completion of the course.
The Survivex A.E.D. Operator training certificate is valid for 1 year.