OGUK Medical, Alcohol & Drug Test (6 Part)Book Now
- 0.1 days
This medical examination is one of the prerequisites necessary before an individual can work offshore. Medical examinations are completed by OGUK registered doctors and cover a range of topics essential under OGUK medical requirements. The aim of the OGUK medical is to set a standard of fitness for those working in the UK offshore sector and North Sea. Included within this medical examination is alcohol testing and a 6 part drug screen.
An OGUK medical consists of the following:
- Completion of a patient questionnaire
- Calculation of Body Mass Index (BMI)
- Near distance and colour vision
- Pulse and blood pressure measurement
- Lung function test (peak flow)
- Audiogram (hearing test)
- Consultation with a doctor
Alcohol testing consists of:
- Breathing into a calibrated breathalyser, which provides accurate and reliable results
Drug screening consists of:
- Supply of a urine sample in the presence of a health professional
- Sample can be tested on site for the presence of the following (but not limited to)
- Samples can also be sent for laboratory analysis for confirmation
Those who require to complete an OGUK medical to work offshore, including alcohol and drug screening.
An OGUK Medical Certificate will be issued on successful completion of the examination (maximum 2-year validity)
OGUK Medical Certification validity must be maintained to permit travel to offshore locations (maximum 2-year validity).
Delegates should bring
- Government Issued Photographic ID eg Driver Licence or Passport
- Please attend your appointment at least 15 minutes in advance of your scheduled appointment time
- Detail of any prescribed medications