OPITO Combined Basic Offshore Safety Induction & Emergency Training (BOSIET) with HUET, CA-EBS & EBSBook Now
- 3.0 days
This training course is referred to as 'Offshore Survival'.
This OPITO approved, 3 day Combined BOSIET with Emergency Breathing System (EBS) & Compressed Air Emergency Breathing System (CA-EBS), will introduce delegates to the specific safety issues and regimes relevant to offshore installations. Also to equip delegates with the basic emergency response knowledge and skills for travelling to and from offshore installations by helicopter, with the use of EBS and CA-EBS emergency equipment. This course is a mix of theoretical and practical sessions, during which delegates will be required to demonstrate their level of knowledge and understanding of the training programme content.
By the end of this training programme, delegates will:
- Have knowledge of the offshore industry incl: Offshore hazards & control measures, offshore safety management, how offshore safety is regulated and living & working in the offshore environment
- Understand the processes involved in helicopter travel & be competent in their ability to escape from a ditched or ditching helicopter in an emergency situation
- Have knowledge of what to do in an evacuation situation: How to respond to alarms, the systems used to achieve successful evacuation and the actions to take in the event of a water entry situation
- Understand what is meant by emergency first aid and how to assist in a first aid situation prior to arrival of the medic
- Be competent in the use of portable fire extinguishers for basic firefighting and be confident in self-rescue techniques used to successfully escape from smoke filled environment.
All personnel employed on an offshore installation or seeking employment in the oil and gas industry.
A valid OGUK Medical (or equivalent) and a valid OGUK Fit to Train Assessment (declaring the participant fit or unfit).
Due to certain aspects of the course being physically demanding and potentially stressful, delegates will be required to confirm their medical fitness and physical ability to participate by completing our centre Medical Self-Screening Form prior to course commencement.
Kirkhill Commercial Park, Dyce Avenue
Dyce, Aberdeen, AB21 0LQ
Two OPITO approved certificates will be issued upon successful course completion.
The OPITO Combined BOSIET is valid for a 4 year period, prior to expiry delegates must complete an OPITO Combined FOET course to remain certified.
Delegates should bring
- £1.00 coin for locker
- Government issued photographic ID e.g. Driver's Licence or Passport
- Swimwear and a towel
- Old trainers (which should be clean)
- It is recommended that any delegates that use a reliver inhaler for conditions such as Athsma or COPD bring this with them for the duration of their course.