OPITO Helicopter Underwater Escape Training (HUET) with CA-EBSBook Now
- 1.0 day
- Offshore Survival
This OPITO approved, 1 day HUET with Compressed Air Emergency Breathing System (CA-EBS), will prepare delegates that intend to travel to and from offshore oil and gas installation and vessel by helicopter. Providing specific training in pre-flight and in-flight requirements and to equip delegates with the basic emergency response knowledge and skills required in the event of a helicopter emergency. This course is a mix of theoretical and practical sessions, during which delegates will be required to demonstrate their level of knowledge and understanding of the training programme content.
By the end of this training programme, delegates will:
- Understand pre-flight and in-flight requirements
- Understand the key principles behind the use of the Compressed Air Emergency Breathing System (CA-EBS) and be able to deploy the system in simulated dry exercises
- Understand the actions to take during a surface evacuation into an aviation raft
- Be competent in their ability to escape from a ditched helicopter in a submerged and capsized emergency situations using breath holds
- Be able to board an aviation raft successfully from an in water situation
Personnel travelling to oil and gas installations or vessels via helicopter supplied with Compressed Air Emergency Breathing System (CA-EBS).
A valid OGUK Medical (or equivalent) and a valid OGUK Fit to Train Assessment (declaring the participant fit or unfit).
Due to certain aspects of the course being physically demanding and potentially stressful, delegates will be required to confirm their medical fitness and physical ability to participate by completing our centre Medical Self-Screening Form prior to course commencement.
An OPITO approved certificate will be issued upon successful course completion.
The OPITO UK HUET is valid for a 4 year period.
Delegates should bring
- £1.00 coin for locker
- Government issued photographic ID e.g. Driver's Licence or Passport
- Swimwear and a towel
- Old trainers (which should be clean)
- It is recommended that any delegates that use a reliver inhaler for conditions such as Athsma or COPD bring this with them for the duration of their course.
- Extra pair of socks