OPITO Further Offshore Emergency Training (FOET) with HUET and CA-EBSBook Now
- 1.0 day
- Offshore Survival
Further Offshore Emergency Training (FOET) is often referred to as a 'Survival Refresher' or 'BOSIET Refresher'.
This OPITO approved FOET training with Compress Air Emergency Breathing System (CA-EBS) is a 1 day course giving delegates the opportunity to practice and demonstrate emergency response skills which are not possible to practice during offshore drills, exercises and emergency training.
This includes, helicopter emergency escape, emergency first aid and basic firefighting and self rescue.
FOET training is a mix of theoretical and practical sessions, during which delegates will be required to demonstrate their level of knowledge and understanding of the training programme content.
By the end of this FOET training programme, delegates will:
- Be competent in their ability to escape from a ditched or ditching helicopter in and the dry use of Compressed Air - Emergency Breathing System (CA-EBS)
- Be competent in the use of emergency first aid
- Be competent in the use of portable fire extinguishers for basic firefighting and be confident in self-rescue techniques used to successfully escape from smoke filled environments
This FOET training programme is designed to meet the further offshore safety and emergency response training requirements for personnel working in the offshore oil & gas industry.
Delegates who have completed an OPITO BOSIET, BOSIET (with CA-EBS), T-BOSIET, FOET, FOET (with CA-EBS) or T-FOET and intend to travel to a offshore installation or vessel where CA-EBS is used.
Delegates must have one of the following: a valid BOSIET, BOSIET (with CA-EBS), T-BOSIET, FOET, FOET (with CA-EBS) or T-FOET certificate.
A valid OGUK Medical (or equivalent) and a valid OGUK Fit to Train Assessment (declaring the participant fit or unfit).
Due to certain aspects of the course being physically demanding and potentially stressful, delegates will be required to confirm their medical fitness and physical ability to participate by completing our centre Medical Self-Screening Form prior to course commencement.
Kirkhill Commercial Park, Dyce Avenue
Dyce, Aberdeen, AB21 0LQ
An OPITO approved certificate will be issued upon successful course completion.
The OPITO FOET with CA-EBS is valid for a 4 year period, prior to expiry delegates must complete an OPITO FOET with CA-EBS course to remain certified.
Delegates should bring
- £1.00 coin for locker
- Government issued photographic ID e.g. Driver's Licence or Passport
- Swimwear and a towel
- Old trainers (which should be clean)
- It is recommended that any delegates that use a reliver inhaler for conditions such as Athsma or COPD bring this with them for the duration of their course.
- Extra pair of socks