OPITO Basic Offshore Safety Induction and Emergency Training (BOSIET) with HUET and CA-EBSBook Now
- 3.0 days
- Offshore Survival
This OPITO approved, 3 day BOSIET course with Compressed Air Emergency Breathing System (CA-EBS), will introduce delegates to the specific safety issues and regimes relevant to offshore installations.
The training will also equip delegates with the basic emergency response knowledge and skills for travelling to and from offshore installations by helicopter that use of CA-EBS.
The OPITO BOSIET is a mix of theoretical and practical sessions, during which delegates will be required to demonstrate their level of knowledge and understanding of the training programme content.
By the end of the OPITO BOSIET course, delegates will:
- Have knowledge of the offshore industry incl: Offshore hazards & control measures, offshore safety management, how offshore safety is regulated and living & working in the offshore environment
- Understand the processes involved in helicopter travel & be competent in their ability to escape from a ditched or ditching helicopter in an emergency situation
- Have knowledge of what to do in an evacuation situation: How to respond to alarms, the systems used to achieve successful evacuation and the actions to take in the event of a water entry situation
- Understand what is meant by emergency first aid and how to assist in a first aid situation prior to arrival of the medic
- Be competent in the use of portable fire extinguishers for basic firefighting and be confident in self-rescue techniques used to successfully escape from smoke filled environment
All personnel employed on a offshore installation or seeking employment in the offshore industry in regions that supply passengers with compressed air emergency breathing systems.
A valid OGUK Medical (or equivalent) and a valid OGUK Fit to Train Assessment (declaring the participant fit or unfit).
Due to certain aspects of the course being physically demanding and potentially stressful, delegates will be required to confirm their medical fitness and physical ability to participate by completing our centre Medical Self-Screening Form prior to course commencement.
An OPITO approved certificate will be issued upon successful course completion.
The OPITO BOSIET with CA-EBS is valid for a 4 year period, prior to expiry delegates must complete an OPITO FOET with CA-EBS course to remain certified.
Delegates should bring
- Government issued photographic ID e.g. Driver's Licence or Passport
- Swimwear and a towel
- Old trainers (which should be clean)
- It is recommended that any delegates that use a reliver inhaler for conditions such as Athsma or COPD bring this with them for the duration of their course.
- Extra pair of socks