Advanced Offshore First Aid TechniquesBook Now
- 1.0 day
- First Aid
This course will develop the knowledge of personnel who are qualified in HSE offshore first aid to a level where they have the necessary understanding and skills whilst assisting an offshore medic during emergencies. The course is a mix of theoretical and practical sessions, during which delegates will be required to demonstrate their level of knowledge and understanding of the training programme.
Following completion of this course, delegates will be:
- Be familiar with the administration of medical oxygen and Entonox during emergencies
- Aware of the assessment and recording of vital functions using a recording chart
- Familiar with the management of the unconscious casualty
- Familiar with monitoring blood pressure
- Familiar with receiving casualties and the use of triage
- Familiar with the required duties whilst transporting an ill or injured patient safely and effectively by helicopter
- Aware of the role of the advanced first aider
- Familiar with the use of defibrillators
- Familiar with the medic’s use of injections in pain control
- Familiar with airway management
- Familiar with the medic’s use of intravenous infusion
Personnel who have been nominated to assist the offshore medic in emergencies.
- Delegates must hold a valid HSE Offshore First Aid certificate.
An in-house training provider certificate will be awarded on successful completion of this course.
There is no revalidation period for this training programme but refresher training is recommended every 2 years.
Delegates should bring
- Government Issued Photographic ID eg Driver Licence or Passport