Offshore Crane Operator Stages 1 & 2
The course will: equip delegates with the knowledge and skills to enable them to operate and carry out pre-use inspections of cranes and associated lifting equipment. The course is a mix of theoretical and practical sessions, during which delegates will be required to demonstrate their level of knowledge and understanding of the training programme content.
By the end of this training programme delegates will:
- Be aware of the relevant regulations governing lifting operations and the safe use of cranes.
- Be aware of the correct use and limitations of lifting equipment.
- Be able to interpret information from various sources including load charts.
- Be able to identify different crane types, their specific requirements and associated hazards.
- Be conversant with crane terminology and control and transmission systems.
- Be aware of the best practices to be employed when operating cranes and be able to adhere to them.
- Be able to carry out pre-operational checks and shutdown procedures.
- Be conversant with rated capacity indicators and other safety devices, and their correct use.
- Be able to plan lifting operations effectively.
- Be able to assess various loads and weather conditions and the impact they may have on the lifting operation.
- Be able to operate a crane in a safe and controlled manner with regards to the safety of personnel and assets.
- Be able to lift various types of loads, to move and deposit them as required, and to demonstrate full control throughout.
Personnel who have little or no previous crane operating experience.
Due to certain aspects of the course being physically demanding and potentially stressful, delegates will be required to confirm their medical fitness & physical ability to participate on this course by completing our centre medical self-screening form prior to course commencement
Kirkhill Commercial Park, Dyce Avenue
Dyce, Aberdeen, AB21 0LQ
An In-house training provider certificate will be issued on successful completion of this course.
The training course must be revalidated or assessed every 2 years
Delegates should bring
- Wet Weather Gear
- Government Approved Photographic ID eg Driver Licence or Passport
- £1.00 coin for locker
- Safety Glasses or Goggles if prescribed
|Start Date & Time||Price|
|16/06/2014 08:00||£1,750.00 (plus VAT)||Book Now or Call +44 1224 794800|
|07/07/2014 08:00||£1,750.00 (plus VAT)||Book Now or Call +44 1224 794800|
|18/08/2014 08:00||£1,750.00 (plus VAT)||Book Now or Call +44 1224 794800|
|01/09/2014 08:00||£1,750.00 (plus VAT)||Book Now or Call +44 1224 794800|
|20/10/2014 08:00||£1,750.00 (plus VAT)||Book Now or Call +44 1224 794800|
|03/11/2014 08:00||£1,750.00 (plus VAT)||Book Now or Call +44 1224 794800|
|15/12/2014 08:00||£1,750.00 (plus VAT)||Book Now or Call +44 1224 794800|